Sunday, September 28, 2008

Gifts from Indonesia

Our son and his wife are back from Indonesia, where they visited her parents serving an LDS mission there. They brought back these items to us. A wind chime for my husband, who has quite a few from many different places. The top of the chime is a coconut shell. He also got a fun handcarved drum. I received a beautiful purse and two cute pigs, both from Bali. I collect pigs and my children always surprise me with new fun pigs to add to my collection. We also got a handmade Chinese Checkers game, with beautiful handcrafted stone pieces. In addition they brought us candy (chocolate and licorice - already eaten.) It is nice to have them back safely, and we very much enjoyed having our grandson at our house while they were away.

They said that the traffic there was insane. There were no rules. You could see seven cars in a row on a four-lane road and there were motorcycles everywhere. However, they did not see one accident or fender bender the whole time they were there.

No comments: