Friday, January 9, 2009

Last Week's Positive Things

We had a couple of bad snow storms last week, which brought a lot of snow on the roads. I carpool with my husband, for which I am very grateful. It took us 1.5 hour to get home on Monday (Jan 5). In addition to that, it took my husband one hour from his work to mine. Usually it is a 10 min drive for him, and it takes about 20 min from my work to get home. I am very grateful I do not have to drive by myself on snowy days. The positive thing about the snow is that we will need the water in the summer for lawns and gardens. The ski resorts are also getting a lot of business, which helps the Utah economy.

Yesterday Gary had to stay at work till 10 p.m. I got a ride home with a co-worker, who lives in my neighborhood. However, he is a very aggressive driver. The positive thing is that we arrived home safely and I was grateful to get a ride home. I am also grateful to Gary for being a very safe and careful driver.

Last Saturday (Jan 3) the San Diego Charges played the Colts and the Chargers won in overtime. It was a nailbiting game. Since Gary is a very loyal and avid Chargers fan, the win was a very positive thing! The weather was also great, which meant dry roads to travel on for our children, who came to watch the game.

A week ago Friday (Jan 2) was Cheryl and Erik's sixth wedding anniversary. Gary and I drove to Layton to take care of little Logan, while they went out to dinner and a movie. Erik had arranged for a limo to pick them up. Since Erik and Cheryl were coming over to watch the game the next day, Gary and I brought Logan home with us to stay the night. I am glad we left Layton when we did. Had we waited till Erik and Cheryl got home, the snowy roads would have been awful to drive on.

To summarize - this week I was mostly grateful for arriving home safely on snowy roads.

1 comment:

Anna M. said...

I'm grateful that you always arrived home safely! =)