Monday, January 5, 2009

A New Year

A new year has arrived. Looking back many of us wonder 'where did the time go.' Whether we think the time goes fast or slow, we all have the same amount of time in each day. Now that I am an "empty-nester" I find that I have a lot more free time on my hands. Many times I feel kind of guilty for not using it more wisely. Instead of watching TV or sitting at the computer, I could crochet/knit afghans and clothing to give away to those who need them. However, I work full-time, so sometimes when I get home in the evening I don't feel like doing much. I should also exercise daily. I have an exercise bike that I used faithfully every day the first five months of last year and I lost 10 lbs. I need to get back to that habit again.

My mother wrote two books, one about her dad and one about her mother's side of the family, which she gave to her children and grandchildren. They are both in Swedish. I should translate them into English, so my children and grandchild(ren) will be able to read them. I often feel sad that my children don't know my side of the family very well.

I have one resolution for the new year and that is to write down at least one very positive, good thing that happens every day as well as something that I am grateful for. That is one simple thing that I should be able to do consistently throughout this year. (This does not include having food, shelter, work, good health and a great family, things we often take for granted.)

2 comments:

Anna M. said...

Hi Mom! I would love for you to translate the books so that I can read them! So, what is your positive thing for today? =)

Christina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.